24 July 2010

Pony Camp

I had a real sweet progression of images planned for this post and it all went out the window because I'm impatient and bad with technology. But the very wreckage that is left of my original idea only serves to better tell the story.
My thoughts are very jumbled right now. I'm about to go to Pony Camp for work. I'll be in the middle of the woods for a week with a bunch of screaming kids. It's the most relaxing week of my life.
In bed by 9:00, out of bed by 9:00. I walk the kids to the Pony Corral and then spend the rest of the day reading in trees or doing crafts.
2 Hour Night swims. Delicious food. Banana boats.
It's all very restorative. I'm hoping that I'll return more lucid.
I'm taking about 4 books, a roll of film, and my sketchbook. No one will be able to contact me.
I've just got so many ideas for pieces for the gallery, I'm working on the manifesto, I have no money, I'm going back to school in a month, and I'm booked solid up until the day I move in.
I don't know why people think they can live the way they do. Slow down.


No comments:

Post a Comment