09 November 2010

Abraham

I’ve seen you in fresh cut grass
The smell of Good coffee
Summer nights
And neon, naked skin

In Ethan's voice,
Noah's dred locks,
Chelsea's laugh
Ross's teeth
And the rain.
In stained glass, Sesame Street, and the Bible
Stuart's strong arms and Peter's angry words
Torn photographs, grease
And the date:

August 17, 2005

I have seen you in all of these things
Your face, your laugh
Your olive tone
The way you hated me
And only me
The way you forced me
And tore into me,
Into my trust
My innocence

I have seen you in all of these things
And in my terrified reactions
Forgotten moments that have since crystallized in front of me:
Sweaty brow,
Inaudible speech,
Clammy,
 Empty skin
Blindness
Arching back
Circulation coming to my
Bones
So brittle like
A crushed can
Or a hollowed out loaf
Of bread as if scraped
From the inside
My chest
A tomb

No comments:

Post a Comment